Make Our Food Safe
01/14/2010

"Minnesota victims of salmonella outbreak push for food-safety legislation"

The Pioneer Press | Jeremy Olson

 

"One year ago this week, Clifford Tousignant died at age 78 from salmonella poisoning, caused by the tainted peanut butter he ate at his nursing home in Brainerd, Minn.

The loss still weighs on his son, Lou Tousignant, who thinks of his father when eating a nightly scoop of peanut butter at home in St. Louis Park or celebrating a Vikings victory his father missed. Opening night at the Gophers' new stadium was bittersweet.

'Probably would have had the time of his life,' Tousignant said of his father..."

Full Article