Make Our Food Safe
07/15/2010

"Irondequoit teens plight exposes food safety gaps"

Democrat and Chronicle | Chris Swingle

"Emily Grabowski was trying to eat something healthy when she had a salad in mid-April at a Daemen College cafeteria in Buffalo. But the student from Irondequoit ended up hospitalized with painful symptoms eventually linked to bacteria in the romaine lettuce.

Her potentially fatal type of kidney failure was caused by a hazardous E. coli strain that also can contaminate ground beef. No rules require foods to be tested for that strain..."

Full Article