"When Haylee Bernstein of Wilton was 3 years old, she and an older sister fell seriously ill and were rushed to the hospital.
Haylee barely survived.
She suffered kidney failure, bleeding in her brain requiring emergency surgery and was temporarily blinded.
The reason: The children had snacked on lettuce tainted with E.coli, a bacteria that can be deadly.
Nearly 16 years later, Haylee still suffers the ill effects of food poisoning. She has serious vision problems, takes seven medications twice a day and suffers from diabetes..."