"Eleven years have passed since Dana Dziadul nearly died from eating cantaloupe tainted with salmonella. The foodborne illness left the freshman at Holy Trinity with lingering health problems, but also a commitment to fight for change.
The 14-year-old has become a poster child for the food safety campaign with her face appearing in national 'Stop foodborne illness' advertisements. She has spoken to Congress and was a major advocate for the 'Food Safety Modernization Act,' which President Barack Obama signed into law in 2010.
Dana has shared her story with chefs at Disney World and Publix supermarket food safety experts. On Friday, she will talk at a regional food safety meeting in Orlando..."